Saturday, February 11, 2012

Our Love Story!

I have seen lots of cute "love stories" on the blogs lately and I thought I would join the fun! So, like normal, I am copying from other people...




1. How long have you and your significant other been together? We started dating in January of 2002, so 10 years. WOW. That seems like so long when I type it out.



2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} I always say our meeting was 100% meant to be. One week during my freshman year in college, my high school boyfriend called and dumped me. Like a really mean, never talk to me again, kind of dumping. So I was too depressed to leave the house and therefore couldn't try out a new Bible study on campus that evening. Luckily, my roommate was cool enough to wait and go with me the next week. So that next Thursday, we both went to Upstream for the first time and got placed in a small group with all the other "newbies" that week. Zack was in that group as it was his first week as well. If I had gone the week before as planned (and my idiot boyfriend hadn't dumped me) I would have been placed in another group and I would never have met Zack! On a side note....my roommate actually dated Zack first :) After they broke up, I swooped in and stole him :)



3. If married, how long have you been married? 5 years!



4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? We got married in Austin at my childhood church, Westlake Hills Presbyterian Church. The reception was at a beautiful outdoor venue overlooking the hill country. It was relatively large with about 150 people and absolutely wonderful!



5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Ha ha, a few, but they are all pretty stupid and embarrassing. Nothing too racy though!



6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. Zack is incredibly loyal, determined and faithful. If he feels the Lord is leading him to do something, he does it, even if it is not comfortable or the "popular" thing to do. If work asks him to do something, he does it, regardless of the hours it might require. And most importantly, I never, ever question his love for me or his children.



7. Tell us how he proposed? Ha ha, I always give him a hard time for this. By the time he proposed, we had gone together to buy a ring, talked about the wedding...basically we both already knew the proposal was coming. He knew he couldn't do anything fun or fancy because I would immediately know what was going on, so one Friday night, he told me he was working (at Subway!) so I worked out and then went home to eat dinner and watch TV for the rest of the night. I was in the middle of an episode of House, in my sweaty work out clothes (not sure why I hadn't showered or changed...), when he showed up. He had a dozen red roses and dropped to his knee right there on my front porch. I just kept saying "you are supposed to be at work...why are you here? What are you doing!?" Finally he got the question out and of course I said yes :) Then somehow, we ended up at Northgate with a bunch of his friends to "celebrate." Uh...I don't drink and none of my friends were there, but whatever....



8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? Hmm...he is pretty much a "Valentine's Day is a Hallmark holiday, but I don't want to get yelled at, so here are some flowers and a card." I will hand it to him that he always gives me my favorite flowers, daisies!



9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Most of the time, a pop in a movie and stay home kind of girl...but I could be easily persuaded to enjoy a sunset dinner on the beach!



10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I would love to go to some exotic beach, like Fiji or something. You know, sleep a lot, eat a lot, relax a lot....oh man, that sounds so nice.


11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. Probably nothing. You don't do much when you have a 6 week old and a 2 year old and your husband is in the middle of busy season.



12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? Nope. We are trying to save all the money we can to allow me to stay home with the boys!! Well that and we have medical bills coming out our ears. So we will probably get each other a card and a small treat (most likely food...)



13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Zack is very firm on the "do not let the sun go down on your anger" rule. We always talk/fight things out before heading to bed. I think it makes a pretty big difference.



14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

2 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! And it's nice to know more about your story together! and I'm stealing it :)

    ReplyDelete