Thursday, July 28, 2016

Summer Fun Time!

This post is full of good news and fun adventures, y'all! See, I can do more than complain ;) 

First of all, we are making progress with our flood rebuild! We met with our contractor today and we finally, FINALLY have a plan in place. As soon as our mortgage gets their act together, we will be ordering our flooring and starting to paint! It's a big day around here. Also, I've already been told to "reign in your expectations." We will just see about that....

Second, since Zack has had to work a lot this summer, we put off all of our favorite summer activities until this week when he had some vacation time. It's been a busy, fun week while we were trying to DO ALL THE THINGS! 

Monday: Sea World! We drove down to San Antonio Monday morning and played all day at Sea World. It was HOT. Like, surface of the sun, total death, hot. But, we had a great time and Jonathan even rode an adult roller coaster! He liked it, but said it hurt his tummy when we went down the big drop. Me too, man. Also, a kid pooped in the splash pad....and that was REAL gross. At least it wasn't one of mine. 




Tuesday:  Monday night, we drove north and spent the night with my parents outside of Austin. We spent Tuesday morning eating a good breakfast and playing outside until it was time to head back to Houston. The boys have become friends with some little kids next door to my parents, so it's always a big treat to go play with them. One perk of their neighborhood is that it's small and out in the middle of nowhere, so the kids are relatively safe.  It's nice to feel like I can let the boys run around outside and not worry about them being snatched up by freaks or run over by teenagers speeding down the street!

Wednesday: GO CARTS! Our whole family looks forward to this activity all year long! The Leys are a competitive bunch and Aunt Katie was NOT going to let anybody beat her. I came in last on almost every single race. In fact, towards the end, the boys wouldn't even ride with me. That's just real rude.



I love how pissed Jonathan is in this picture. He is legit mad because we came in second. I just don't have that same competitive spirit I guess, because I thought the whole thing was just really funny. Later in the day, we went to Aunt Katie's house to make pizza (our oven is still broken...dont even ask....) and play some video games! The boys LOVE their Aunt Katie's house and ask to have "Aunt Katie Day" almost weekly. I'm know they love her, but truth be told, I think it's the video games they love the most. 

Thursday: Today we had a fun play date with our dear friends, played outside in the rain and met with our contractor to plan the future of our house. At this point, you all need to take your shoes off, walk into a room in your house that has carpet and just enjoy it. Squish your toes in it. Roll around on it. Do it for me. 

Friday: I almost hate to complain about the rain, seeing as it's keeping my water bill under control for the second half of June, but we have big plans at the water park tomorrow and I will be real sad if they fall through because of rain. I mean....it hasn't rained ALL SUMMER and the one week we have plans, it's rained every day. But I have high hopes for tomorrow and our first trip to Typhoon Texas! My poor babies have watched that thing be built from the ground up and still haven't been able to go. Come on sun!!

It's such a nice treat to have Zack home and get to spend this special time together as a family. I think all moms can agree that it just feels better having a second set of hands around! Not to mention I have somebody else to laugh with me when our kids say ridiculous things...which is a lot. Yesterday Matthew complained about something and then looked to the sky and said "Ugh! Story of my life!" 

Seriously, these kids...

Hope y'all are going full out for the last few weeks of summer too! Enjoy it while you can!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for a fun week AND house progress!! Have fun at Typhoon Texas! We went a few weeks ago and the kids had a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete