Monday, April 2, 2012

Thoughts From The Weekend

First of all, I am not sure why, but I seem to write better when I can write with bullet points. Apparently I have so many small, meaningless things to say each week that I can't form them into one cohesive post, so I end up with a bunch of disjointed ideas. This is another of those posts....

Recently I have been fighting an inner battle every night while Zack is sleeping. I am a crazy light sleeper and hear pretty much everything that goes on in our house at night (I blame motherhood) but unfortunately, Zack is the opposite. Once he is asleep, he is out cold. He also snores. And breathes super heavy. And is basically really annoying. Usually this isn't a huge issue because I am already asleep when he comes to bed. However, now I have to get up multiple times a night to tend to my little munchkins and when I come back to bed and hear Zack breathing all heavy and loud, there is no way I can fall back to sleep. Normally I would just punch him in the face gently wake him and ask him to roll over. But these days, he is so stressed out and so tired and getting such a little amount of sleep that I have to think long and hard before waking him up. So this all brings me to last night. Matthew ate at 3:15 and I was back in my room at 3:40. I was excited about the chance to go back to sleep for an hour and a half until.....Snorey McSnorerson greeted me as I climbed back in bed. And being the good wife I am, I just laid there. I didn't try to roll him over without waking him up (which never works), I didn't "accidentally" kick him as I tried to roll over and I didn't thrash around saying "oh my gosh!" with the intent of waking him up....I just laid there and didn't go back to sleep. (Obviously I feel like I should win an award for this) So let me ask you guys....would you wake him up and ensure your own good night of sleep at his expense? Or would you sacrifice your sleep for your overworked husband?

Other than my own (clearly over dramatized) sleep issues, we had a great weekend! Saturday my great in-laws watched the boys so that I could go to a baby shower. Man, I love baby shower food. Nothing beats sitting around with a plate of yummy food and cake on your lap while looking at super cute baby stuff. I may or may not have out-eaten the pregnant women in the room. Oh who am I trying to impress....I ate everything sight, it was delicious. No shame.

Saturday night we went to dinner with some of our good friends and their precious son. It was fun to get out of the house and eat some good Mexican food, but whew....taking two babies out to eat is tough. Jonathan used to sleep through dinner in his car seat. Matthew....not so much. And seeing as he is currently going through some weird bottle issues (he refuses to let me hold him when I feed him....what's that all about!?), feeding him wasn't really an option. Other than that, we had a great time though :)

And the best part of our weekend....Sunday. Zack worked all day Saturday at the office, but Sunday he was home. And for the first day in months, he didn't really work. And I don't mean that he was sitting in the living room with us but still had the computer in his lap. He really didn't work. We ran errands, worked in the yard, washed the cars and made cookies. We grilled chicken and he played with the boys. It was so nice. For the first time in months, I didn't feel like I had been run over by a truck when I went to bed. I had my teammate back! Now I am just praying that it continues and that his stupid work doesn't creep back into our family time for a while.....one can dream right?

And just because....

2 comments:

  1. That's a tough question about whether or not I would wake him up if he was snoring... if he wasn't getting much sleep and I was going to be up and down all night tending to a baby, I might just ask him to sleep in the guest room temporarily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a twin size bed in the baby's room...i've escaped in there a few times. Not often, but it does happen. I totally understand your predicament!

    ReplyDelete